Halswell Junior Cricket Club
We are one of the fastest growing Junior Cricket Clubs in Christchurch with nearly 30 junior teams of talented boys and girls.
Welcome to the Halswell Junior Cricket Club.
We are one of the fastest growing Junior Cricket Clubs in Christchurch with nearly 30 junior teams of talented boys and girls. Our friendly club welcomes new players of all ages and abilities. Our focus is on ensuring the kids have fun, make new friends and participate as much as possible.
The 2021/22 cricket season starts in the first week of term 4. Registrations are closed, but we will accept late registrations if we have space in a team. Please email us first to make sure we have space. Like our Halswell Junior Cricket Club Facebook page to keep up-to-date on the latest news and key dates.
Key Season Dates:
- Registrations closed on Sunday 26th September. We may be able to accept late registrations, so please email us at email@example.com. Acceptance will depend on space in teams.
- Softball & Hardball games start on Saturday 23 October 2021
- Superstar Cricket starts Wednesday 27th October
- Final game for the season is 26th March 2022
- All games in Show Week will be on Thursday 11th November at 5.30pm, to free up the long weekend
- All games the first week back after the summer break will be Friday 4th February at 5.30pm, to free up Waitangi Weekend.
Our Junior Team Options
Soft Ball Grades.
We have options and teams for boys and girls of all abilities from age 4 to 8 years of age (School Year 4), including Superstar Academy and Saturday morning cricket. New players are always welcome.
Hard Ball Grades.
From School Year 5 onwards, players move into the hard ball grades and progressively transition towards the conventional game of cricket. The aim of our hard ball cricket grades is to provide players with a fun, fair & learning game.
We welcome any new female players thinking of giving cricket a go. We have girls only teams from School Year 5 onwards and are huge supporters of Canterbury Cricket in wanting to expand the Girls competition.